Sunday, March 22, 2015

Teen Vogue Fashion University 2015



{Teen Vogue Editor in Chief Amy Astley introducing Michelle Phan}


{Amy Astley with Dean Speaker Michelle Phan}


{Fashion Lean @ Instagram, Kristen Joy Watts}


{Writer Mickey Rapkin with Entertainment Editor Dana Mathews}


{@dkny Aliza Licht, SVP of Global Communications @ Donna Karen Internationl}


{@oscarprgirl Erika Bearman, SVP of Global Communications @ Oscar de la Renta}


Hi everyone!

I wanted to do a quick post of my experience at Teen Vogue Fashion University.  I attended the event last year as well, although it was completely different this year since the Conde Nast headquarters moved to One World Trade Center.  I was in the Editorial/Social/PR major (the other majors were design/styling and business) and the speakers I saw were Michelle Phan (YouTuber), Black Frame PR, Kristen Joy Watts (fashion lead at Instagram), a panel of Teen Vogue Editors, Aliza Licht (@dkny), Mickey Rapkin (Writer of Pitch Perfect), and Erika Bearman (@oscarprgirl).  

The lectures (seminars? classes? what do I call these?) involved learning about the experiences of the speaker, and then an open q & a to get advice about the industry.  I really enjoyed the speakers I saw, although I wish the questions were a bit more curated, as some were quite specific and therefore not beneficial for everyone. It was also a race to get the best seat possible, but other than that I had a great experience.  

I think four of my speakers were from Long Island as well, so I definitely related to their stories.  Erika Bearman actually went to the same high school as my boyfriend, so that was a little bonding moment.  Michelle Phan was definitely another highlight, as she was super inspirational.  I have featured a video so you can see some of the advice that all of the speakers gave, so hopefully that provides some insight into the event. 

The offices were beautiful, and I think the speakers highlighted an incredible range of jobs for the editorial/social/PR aspect of the industry.  Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about the experience! 

xo, 
Sophie 
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. How many times are you allowed to go??

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post. What a cool event!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig